My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Monday, May 04, 2009

more treasures ,right here ,right now ...


ceramic pieces from Victorian rubbish dumps

needlework magazines booty

needlewomen are rad !

the second part of this post features my find of the day for sure ,a collection of FIFTY beautifully cared for needlework magazines from the late 1940,s till the 1950,s , these came via a seller who came over from London,with local connections , they are full to the brim with the most amazing ideas , crazy schemes ,and really folkloric booty .I love them so much , that I cannot believe that I found them ,or maybe I cannot believe that they excite me so , there is absolutely no hope for me !...........
The china scraps are from the same man , who used to dig at the old recovered Victorian rubbish dumps , well this is the type of stuff he found. I do think they have a strong poetic resonance together. Once complete dolls, teasets etc.......

1 comment:

Dee said...

Love these vintage magazines, lovely colours.
thanks for dropping by.
dee