My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Thursday, June 03, 2010

treasure hunting and making



you will need to click click on the clothes to really see them :)

love the colours in this book cover

Aesops Fables (Paul Hamlyn 1965)
illustrated by A.& M Provensen

....as I mentioned , I found lots of beautiful old cups and plates (last sunday) to sell on my market stall and here are some images of them .
I love the colours and patterns in them and people enjoy the connection to the past when they recognise the decorations from their grandmother or themselves.
I also feel it is time for my work to get out into the world and me to be brave , that is why I am showing off the c.d I made for my proposed show A Song For Edith Holden it would be 9-15 drawings and a looped 80 second film .
It makes me feel sick with anxiety being so honest......but sure what the hell !!
You can also see some alchemy spectaculars hanging there on grannys old greenhouse door .
I re-made these clothes from older linen dresses and applied vintage linen tea towels as an integral part of the whole.
Kinda pleased with them :)

8 comments:

nath said...

pretty things. i have that book and love it, i love the Provensens.

Shayna said...

Loveliness, Jane! Your cd cover is grand ... I would love to see your show. And your "alchemy spectaculars" - !!!, truly - I sell at the market this weekend, your posts always inspire me!

Jane O Sullivan said...

thanks nath and shayna ,good to hear from you and good luck selling shayna :)

Ritva said...

well done, jane!
would love to see your show!

Laura said...

love it all. and, jane, you have nothing to fear. your work is stellar.

Jane O Sullivan said...

bless you a thousand million times dear laura thank you :)

Ester Kiely said...

Lovely stuff! I particularly like the tea-towels added in!

Jane O Sullivan said...

thanks ester hope you well :)