My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Friday, September 03, 2010

slowly slowly getting back to work.....and a news flash !!!!


moi sewing winnie the pooh elements into an average everyday skirt :)
La tippet

my vintage dress and scarf hanging up on my balcony shutter last week in Donostia (weep weep....)

**here is my studio before I went on holiday .
Aswell as drawing ,thinking, napping and reading, I also make clothes to sell on my market stall here in my attic studio.
It takes up a lot of my time but it allows me to make art aswell (I like to think they help each other)
I make fairly improbable and quite dressing up style clothing from older pieces and deconstructed vintage trimmings \clothing.
People seem to like them and at the moment I am enjoying making these tippets from felt which I make from boiling old knitwear (hee hee :D it is kind off mad but fun !!)

news flash !!

I am thrilled to announce that I have been offered my first solo show !!
It will take place next year 2011 in the custom house gallery westport co mayo.
I am also in a group show INVITED at this years westport arts festival which takes place in october.
I will show my ongoing work a song for edith which will include a film element (more details to follow)
I spent the day today making c.ds of irish music and trying to write in euskara which is the basque language (you try it ) and spanish to the wonderful people we met in Donostia.
The parcels have gone off in the post now so I can concentrate on finishing my little film (and a few other things too) and remain a little focused.

11 comments:

Cendrine said...

Oh Jane, I'm so happy for you, for this solo show at the Custom House gallery ! You desserve many many solo shows and an international recognition...
Congratulations ! :))

I like paints said...

your studio looks great! congrats on getting a solo show :)

denise nestor said...

Jane! Congratulations on your solo show! Well deserved. I really hope to go see it when I'm down in mayo in october :)

Jane O Sullivan said...

thank you all so much for your comments of support ....they mean a lot to me , cendrine , eleanor and denise ...bless you :D

Leena said...

Congratulations and good luck with the shows, hope to see some pictures of them later?

Jane O Sullivan said...

thank you arle
you will :)

Ester Kiely said...

Delighted to hear your good news on the solo show! Mentioned how much I liked your market stall at a recent patchwork class I taught and there were lots of nods of agreement that your altered clothes are gorgeous! So you've got loadsa fans!!

Jane O Sullivan said...

you sweetheart ester , thank you for taking the time to tell me that !
continued good luck with all your wonderful work :D

Ritva said...

congratulations jane!
that will be great!

Ritva said...

ps. love the dress!!!!

Jane O Sullivan said...

hello miss ritva !
I am so happy to hear from you and have not forgotten my promise :)
glad you like the dress .