My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Friday, December 18, 2009

the frosty morning came at last ...for the shoot of my spectaculars






spectaculars.....what are they ?
well, as you may know , I also have to make stuff in the other world too , and like this is the time for it , isn't it !
So , no excuses , I had to tie myself to my sewing machine to make some spectaculars
these are fairly fantastical pieces of clothes that I ingeniously conjure up from a very extensive collection of vintage clothing , trimmings,fabrics....etc....etc...
I have been doing this for nearly 20 years and its part of me.....as long as I can draw aswell I am happy , but now is the time for spectaculars ..to feature on my humble market stall in Galway tommorow and next wednesday the 23rd of December 2009.
I know that some of my customers read this blog so hi to you and to all my dear friends and supporters who hear me and have done for a long long time ....you all rock

4 comments:

Fine Little Day said...

You have had fun :) I like Jane!

nath said...

i'd love a closer look at those, Jane. i like the way the word 'spectacular' rolls around your mouth when you say it.

i'm sorry i have been away and not commenting, i don't know how that happened, on the upside i have just had a lengthy catch up - it's so nice to be back in the world of Jane!

p.s. hope you're fully recovered!

Jane O Sullivan said...

ladies you are so welcome , coffee and biscuits anyone ?
have a good week x

It's just a Monday said...

I wish I could get to the market to see your spectaculars!

x