My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

it rained ALL day yesterday, lots of wonderous things occured and today is filled with sunlight.........

the main event of the day ....it CAME as the baby owls in martin waddells fantastic book the owl babies said "I knew she'd come ...."
my dear blogging friend artist Laura Ferrara sent me a painting which I have been eagerly awaiting and amazingly the one I swapped with her arrived on the SAME day !.
Well here it is propped up on my favourite couch , soon to be given pride of place on the wall above.
where the forest meets the sea
oil on canvas
2009
this was handmade probably in the 1950-60's by my husbands uncle.I found it abandoned and knew it to be TREASURE,....just look at the tiny wooden feed tray.
today ....look at the light !
some of us just KNOW instinctfully just what to do when you cant get out the door :)
I love this book cover so much , the time spent to make it so interesting under a paper cover
....just back from a lovely cycle , I KNOW that I have work to do but sure isn't it all the one !
These are the images that arrested me this morning ,random as ever.
I am going up to my studio now to draw,draw,draw and see what is there ....I have to keep the later half of the week for making things for my little ol' market stall,so time is of the essence (patchouli if you are interested )
I hope you enjoy these images ,do leave a comment ,its so nice to hear them :)

7 comments:

Ester Kiely said...

I love the new painting you received, reminds me of an illustration from a childrens fairytale, there's something magical about it. I felt like curling up for the day yesterday..just like the pets. But the sun is out today....so my mood is lifting!

Laura said...

thank you jane! i love my piece from you. it occupies a special place in my home and my heart. also, the birdcage. absolutely amazing.

Jane O Sullivan said...

thanks for dropping by ester...... and thanks to you laura...

Shelky Bean said...

Loving your blod as ever. its making me feel close, when ive been so far for so long. hope you are all doing well, your work looks amazing!
lots of love
shelly

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

What a wonderful morning.

Jane O Sullivan said...

it was denise...wonderful :)
hi miss shelly ...I hear you

Cornelia ODonovan MA RCA said...

jane i do believe we have the same black and white whippet???X