My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Monday, July 25, 2011

"he seemed so wild she wondered if he had lost his reason" and lots of small ponderings of goodness

yesterday I went for a lovely walk and found this tiny magical environment ...the flowers are NEON orange.I really love the drawings in this book which I found in the carboot sale for 3euros ! I will post a few more up over the next few posts and I LOVE her name maise meiklejohn :)........
actually the stories are super.
illustrated by maise meiklejohn
the mermaid of zennor and other cornish tales
eileen molony
1946
the market on saturday with new creations ....
amazing 1970'sprinted cotton skirt on stall (sold)
my dear youngest daughters celebration cards she sold all 3 of them ! and a lovely apron she made too.

I have a cold and feel awful :( .....but I will not give into it !
So much sad sad news at the moment , life is so fragile , I must say this at least ten times a week ...its beautiful right , but fleeting and fragile .
I see so much hope in small gestures , a smile ,a cup of tea , and a shared glance , correspondence with people you care about.... ....there is always a way to go towards the light isn't there.
I wish you all a super week and lots of small ponderings of goodness.

4 comments:

Laura said...

truer words never spoken. i decided last night while falling asleep that i was just simply not going to fret or worry anymore. i felt that clear sense of resolution that has been missing for awhile:) very happy to know it is there. lovely things jane! bright and beautiful. hooray for your daughter (and you)!

Jane O Sullivan said...

hello marianne ! thank you for your visit I feel better already for it :)
....yes my stall is every saturday in the old Galway market that goes around st.nicholas medieval church off shop street .So glad that you joined tinderbox :)

laura dear ....I feel it is such a reflective time at the moment , yet even more I need to hold on to the feather tailed tail of a dove or raven to see the whole world picture like there just has to be another way , co-existing along by the depravities of the world ....the world holds so much more and we see it dont we :)
SO glad you stopped by and that you liked my thangs ....It makes me happy to make them and others too , the woman who bought the floor length green coat with pink buttons and bows on the pockets said I brighten up her life ...I felt very proud .
hooray for you , my loyal friend x

Ritva said...

hi dear,
hope you are feeling better!

such a lovely post again,
i agree with laura, lovely things jane! hooray for your daughter and you! :)

Jane O Sullivan said...

:) ritva