My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

some random out takes that just seem to express how I am feeling

film still
this is not the end only the begining
4:26mins looped digital video film
part of a song for edith
november
my beech trees
older brighter work
watercolour on old book
some older work that I still love :)
watercolour on glass

I was drawing today.......
........so were two of my girls ♡♡
I just had too, it was the full moon and it cant be avoided on a full moon.
I always feel happier when I am drawing .

7 comments:

Shayna said...

It is so wonderful that you are honoring Edith Holden ... as a teenager I had her "Country Diary" and I loved it so ... still do. Your images and artwork are exquisite, Jane!

Jane O Sullivan said...

hello shayna
thank you for your thoughts and I am delighted to hear from you again !

Laura said...

wasn't the moon extraordinary??? lovely and tender as always.

Jane O Sullivan said...

hello laura dear , yes it was , drawing down the moon as I literally was ....depending on her energy to help me make a start :)
lovely to hear from you .

Julia da Franca said...

dear jane, i ordered edith's country diary yesterday.
how she died made me cry... and for sure, she would love you! xo, julia

Ritva said...

what a beautiful post again!

let´s enjoy working!
take care,
hugs!

Jane O Sullivan said...

oh julia ( I hope she would )
thats amazing that you got the book ....wow !
and I think of her being so happy in nature ...she died in nature too ...sad yes , but amazing too.

ritva , thank you and yes I want to enjoy my work even though I do not know what I am doing at the moment ,I am trying to trust it :)