My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Monday, July 23, 2012

around me about me and within me





      

shivery grass , grey sky lovely walk with my dogs , a sweet hat I made last week for a shy lady,then my studio , mary poppins rcord cover and very old christmas tree angel from my childhood and lovely 1930's green resin beads, the market on saturday , two of my spectaculars ,the blue one made from a vintage(1960's) irish tweed donald davies dress,the pink made from a 1980's expensive french cotton flared skirt dress,cashmere sleeves and felt pockets ,trimmed with beads......then my flowers , sometimes,I go a little mad and get LOADS , I saw these vibrant pink phloxand had to bring them home because for years they grew in a nearby garden of a derelict house and then dissapeared , I had always loved them so it seems right to replant them.I am so excited about the upcoming dublin zine fair(last years) and am hoping to have lots of lovely pieces made for it.(starting tommorow)

3 comments:

Shelky Bean said...

Lovely photos Jane! I love these, "day in the life of"...snaps of what surrounds you, inspires you etc, its so nice to see. Hopefully see you soon and catch up xxx

annamaria potamiti said...

Beautiful photos Jane. Hope you have fun making zines;)

Jane O Sullivan said...

thanks shelky we will :
annamaria , yes it is fun and thanks for your comment.