My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Monday, October 08, 2012

first saturday in october at the market stall (dream world)




I love these 1950's book covers, keeping the laurie lee but the rest are for sale !

alchemy cardigan handmade from other pieces by me
wool beret trimmed in vintage buttons 
handpainted tea cups 1950's

as I have mentioned many times here , I have a market stall every saturday from march until christmas.
I then take a break from the market  to rest and reflect and make lots of new drawings (I hope)
I love my market stall so much , it has given me confidence in all that I do , and is a reflection of my development this last 20 years that I have had the stall.
Importantly it balances out all the introspective work I do in my studio on my own all the time.
I cannot believe that I have been there that long , it just feels new all the time.
Mostly I sell a mix of upcycled clothes ,vintage clothes, hats that I make, interesting bric a brac and cards of my drawings and a few artists books , if I have them made.
I get to talk with people who are attracted to the atmostphere my work creates and that is always a pleasure. On Saturday a woman from Berlin , who bought a hat said it was a dreamworld I had , and that is what it is ...my dream world. Thank you to all the people who support me everyday with my work as an artist , in whatever form that takes.
Thank you and thank you again.
Ostara and her deer

4 comments:

Mum with camera said...

I like it!!!!

Lucys Lounge said...

hi jane i am planning to go to the market in galway in november. will you have some book syou make there? should i send a note before hand to make sure you'll be there? still loveing your work lucyx ps any shows coming up in dublin?

Jane O Sullivan said...

hello dear Lucy ,
thanks so much for your appreciation. I have just emailed you dear , it will be so lovely to see you at my market stall !
yes please let me know ,I want to make sure to be there for you .

Ritva said...

my dear,
love your red hat!

wish i could be there too:)