My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The country mouse makes it up safely to **The Dublin Zine Fair 2012 **

 me sitting behind my stall
 the adorable miss sarah bracken of baby beef , the fair organizer with my daughter browsing her stall
my favourite stall of the day because of the amazing woman running it.
Artist Michelle (mice hell) is the organizer of Papergirl Ireland  also a kick ass artist and illustrator, maker of events and  general all round magic. Mice Hell
 look look !!
do you remember the amazing post Ritva in Finland made ,well she made it into a beautiful book
(being read here in the above image) and I brought it proudly with me to exhibit amongst my own work(the bookwas bought by the fair organizer no less)

I did a reading of ritvas book and talked about how it came to be in Ireland, lots of people found it very inspiring.
amanda of exploding comics keeping it going

It was a super event , very friendly , a cozy atmostpheric venue and a real air of d.i.y all round.
I really am looking forward to next year and would like to publically thank Roísín my daughter for all her help and support, Sarah  and Wayne for organizing the event and my dear  friend cartoonist extraordinaire.....Elida for sheltering me while I was up in the Big City.

4 comments:

cloudgathererholdmedown said...

let's pull our countries togther!

Ritva said...

thank you darling!
you are such a sweet soul.
this was a privilege to me,
i can imagine the atmosphere there.
and your works, they are so delicate and fine!

sometimes life is so much fun!
hugs!

annamaria potamiti said...

Sounds and looks awesome! Wish I could have been there to see your work in the 'real world'! Conrats to Ritva for a beautiful book!

Jane O Sullivan said...

yes ms.cloud
you are welcome ,fun happened and will again x
annamaria it was ,thank you for commenting ( I wish too , but this a real world aswell) thanks for your congrats for ritvas book , she did it !
We All Do It Together through Love.