My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

making and doing




oh my ....I am not sure that this book making lark is a reasonable or a sensible pursuit.

It takes forever and there is still loads more to do and only one day left as we are travelling up to the big smoke this friday by train !
I simply loved having my solo and other gallery shows but there is a huge gap to fill afterwards and this is why I decided to make artist books/zines of my drawings ,the first of many I made as part of my degree show in 2009.
artist books/zines are egalaterian , affordable , intimate and a complimentary medium to my original works.
My drawings get to have fun,to be turned into different contexts and be with lots of people....it makes me feel more connected as an artist.
If you are able to come on saturday , do drop by our stall and say hi .
I will be exhibiting with Richael but also helping out on the tinderbox stall too(conveniently next to mine so I can make a fuss of Elidas new baby :) and catch up with the lovely lady herself :)

6 comments:

Shelky Bean said...

oh Jane!! This little taster is whetting my appetite, and WOW, the book looks amazing. Can't wait to have a proper goo at it tomorro! You GO girl!!!

Jane O Sullivan said...

thanks shelly x

Laura said...

it is lovely. good journey to you, dear jane:)

Ritva said...

i would love to see them!
yours look so ....delicious :)

all the best dear jane!

Jane O Sullivan said...

thank you ,you are so kind to drop by with your support laura and ritva .....see them ,you can, I will make some more and they are for sale at 20 euros :)

www.finelittleday.com said...

Oh, you're making a book, looks like a pure treasure Jane! And what a beutiful use of those small letter stamps. Treasure indeed.