My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Left Luggage an installation I made in the parcel van of an old stationary train

Recently I had a solo exhibition in the old parcel van of the stationary train which is part of Kiltimagh Museum.

I was invited by the Kiltimagh Historical Society to make a site specific installation.
I exhibited my work in the parcel van, a beautiful and melancholic space within a space, self contained like a miniature gallery, yet part of the train.
I invited fellow artist Patricia Youell to exhibit and she chose the private carriages as her installation place.
Left Luggage was on show just for two days as it is so cold on the train and so longer was not sustainable for the fragility of our work, yet still our exhibition was powerful and very well received.

You can see some images here from my exhibition, we also made a pop up shop in the dining car carriages,which was a wonderful way to show work for sale such as my handmade collaged zines and artist books, hand drawn fabric badges and re-constructed clothing and bags.

Many thanks for the invitation to the Kiltimagh Historical Society who do such a good job with renovating and imaginatively using the train as a community resource, it is indeed a treasure.

please click here on the museums social media page for more info and photos.And here for my own
event page .








No comments: