My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January........

in my studio
this is the hope bird drawing mentioned in the post below.
I have been visiting and generally gadding about since early new year. I am now safely back in my nest here and ready to make a start with new work. I have lots of new ideas, materials and treasures, my heart has touched all my nearest and dearest who live far away and now its time for me.
I have been invited to show some new work at the first artists book exhibition and fair to be held in Ormston House in Limerick , an interesting artists run venue. Its in February , so I have a lot of making ahead.I am also gathering work together into a body of work strong enough to submit to a gallery for my second solo show.......sometime/someplace/somewhere.
BRING IT ON !!!

4 comments:

ayco said...

you have the exhibition next month?! Good luck!!
It is very nice to make works with new idea and new materials.
lately I use only oil painting. I think looking for new materials are so fan! I want to try :D

Jane O Sullivan said...

Hello Ayco, yes , the show is artists who make artist books , so I am sending some that I have made already , and I am also making some new ones......well , I am trying to :)
I have some ideas in my head , lets see what happens as the work makes itself doesnt it ? I LOVE the solo bird flying in your invitation , the painting is very poignant and powerful, thanks for calling here , it lovely to hear from you x

Ritva said...

hi dear,
so much ahead!
all the luck and a lot of energy!

we had a very beautiful, bright day today and i went to the woods, took some of my green birds with me and left them there.
yes, i took some photos.
we have two big exhibitions next summer here in our village. i (maybe) try to make something, let´s see if it turns out to be suitable for those. anyway, it´s great to work!
let´s enjoy!

Jane O Sullivan said...

thank you dear Ritva, so lovely to hear from you !
Good luck to you too, the full moon this sunday will be interesting. I have gone mad throwing things away and clearing SPACE , it feel fantastic. Tell me more about your green birds please......
You are right it , is great to work and a privledge , we are blessed. xxx